Nazan Riahei is a Vice President in the Los Angeles office. She has experience working on a range of critical communications situations, including complex litigations, high-profile crisis situations, activist agitation and proxy fights, and significant transactional events. Nazan also supports clients with ongoing corporate positioning, media relations and investor relations.
Recent engagement and representative highlights include:
- Arista Networks on patent, copyright and antitrust litigations with Cisco
- Avago Technologies on $37 billion acquisition of Broadcom
- Samsung C&T in successful proxy contest against Elliott Associates
- 21st Century Oncology with financial restructuring and Chapter 11 case
- Ongoing issues management, corporate positioning and media relations for leading healthcare-related companies
- DineEquity, GEE, and Peregrine, respectively, with leadership transitions
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, Nazan worked at the Brunswick Group, where she provided communications and media relations support to corporate clients across a range of industries, geographies and special situations. Previously, Nazan was a corporate attorney at Latham & Watkins LLP.
Nazan holds a J.D. from New York University School of Law and a B.S. in Finance and Marketing from the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia.