Elizabeth Smith is a Principal in the London office. Since joining the firm, Elizabeth has provided strategic communications support on a variety of transactions and special situations, including mergers and acquisitions, regulatory investigations, crisis situations, and litigation support.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- British American Tobacco on its acquisition of Reynolds
- Activision Blizzard on its acquisition of King Digital Entertainment plc
- Suntory Holdings on its acquisition of Beam Inc.
- Becton Dickinson on its acquisition of CareFusion
- Talisman on its acquisition by Repsol
- NYSE Euronext on its acquisition by InterContinental Exchange
- Shiseido, NARS Cosmetics, and Bare Escentuals on various communications initiatives
- Alternative investment advisors on a range of issues, including profile raising, investigations by the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and U.S. Department of Justice, and other special situations.
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, Elizabeth worked at The Breast Cancer Research Foundation in Development.
Elizabeth graduated cum laude from Yale University with a B.A. degree in History.