Andrew Cole is a Managing Director based in New York. He joined the firm in 1998. Andrew advises clients on long-term media and investor relations programs as well as special situations, including IPOs, litigation, mergers & acquisitions, proxy contests, and senior management changes. He has also worked on numerous public advocacy programs, including supporting a major U.S. media company’s anti-piracy campaign.
Andrew’s communications experience spans a wide variety of industries including agriculture, biotechnology, healthcare, media, private equity, retail, telecommunications, technology, and venture capital.
Recent and ongoing engagements include:
- Cubist’s pending sale to Merck
- LabCorp’s pending acquisition of Covance
- Aeroflex’s sale to Cobham plc
- ZeniMax Media’s litigation against Oculus VR
- Healthways defense against proxy challenge by North Tide Capital
- GlaxoSmithKline’s acquisition of Human Genome Sciences
From 2006 to 2009, Andrew worked in the firm’s San Francisco office. Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, he served as a Senior Associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group at Gavin Anderson & Company. Andrew earned a B.A. in English from Connecticut College in 1997. Andrew is a member of the Junior Board of the Family Services of Westchester.