Steven Goldberg is a Managing Director and co-head of SVC’s Los Angeles office. Steven has 16 years of strategic and financial communications experience and specializes in providing communications and media relations counsel to corporations, alternative investment firms, non-profit organizations, and individuals involved in white collar criminal and civil litigation matters, regulatory investigations, profile building and reputation management campaigns, M&A transactions, activist situations, financial restructurings, and other strategic and crisis situations. He has specific expertise working with the financial media and helping clients develop and implement proactive and reactive media strategies. In several situations he has acted as a client’s media spokesperson.
Recent representations include advising:
- Fitbit in connection with various intellectual property litigation matters
- 21st Century Fox in connection with its acquisition by Disney, employment related litigation matters, and its leadership transition
- Takata in connection with the airbag inflator recall and Chapter 11 restructuring
- Virgin America on its acquisition by Alaska Airlines
- Sports Authority during its financial restructuring and Chapter 11 case
- DraftKings in connection with various litigations and regulatory matters
- PIMCO in connection with the departure of Bill Gross and a variety of strategic and legal issues
- Medivation in connection with a hostile M&A defense situation
Prior to joining SVC, Steven was a Partner at RLM Finsbury. During his seven years at the firm, he helped build the New York office of London based Finsbury Group, and then following the merger with Robinson Lerer & Montgomery in 2011, he played a key role in facilitating the integration of the firm’s New York offices. Prior to joining RLM Finsbury, Steven was a Member of the Firm of Sitrick And Company in New York.
Steven previously was a corporate attorney and practiced for seven years in the areas of financial restructuring and asset-based lending.
Steven graduated from Duke University with an A.B. in Political Science, and he has a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He is a member of the Bar of the State of New York.