Peter Siwinski is a Managing Director in the San Francisco office. He has advised on a wide range of communications matters, including both friendly and contested M&A, activist defense, crisis situations and media and investor relations.
Recent engagement highlights include:
- Qualcomm on its hostile defense against Broadcom and its proposed $47 billion acquisition of NXP
- Amazon on its $13 billion acquisition of Whole Foods
- Avaya on its Chapter 11 restructuring
- HTC on its cooperation agreement with Google
- Snap Inc. on its IPO on the NYSE
- Pandora Media on investor relations matters
- Molina Healthcare’s Board of Directors on its CEO and CFO transitions
- Tesla on its acquisition of SolarCity
- VMware on investor relations matters related to Dell’s ownership
- Ritchie Bros. on its acquisition of IronPlanet
Most recently, Peter was a Managing Partner and co-founder of Cumulus Venture Partners LLC (“CVP”), a technology-focused venture capital fund.
Before founding CVP, Peter was a Managing Director at Cowen and Company, where he headed both the Communications Technology and IT Services Investment Banking practices. He was also a member of Cowen’s Fairness Opinion Review Committee.
Prior to Cowen, Peter was a banker at Thomas Weisel Partners, where he helped found the firm’s Storage and Computing Systems Group. He began his career with Merrill Lynch in New York, where he was a member of the Telecommunications Investment Banking Group.
During his 14-year career in investment banking, Peter executed greater than $30 billion in strategic transactions and approximately $5 billion in financing transactions. These included public and private, buyside and sellside M&A, divestitures and take-private transactions, as well as numerous forms of public and private equity and debt transactions. His combined professional experiences have created a deep understanding of the impacts of technology trends, strategic events and the capital markets on corporate positioning and market value.
Peter received a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania and a J.D./M.B.A. with Honors from Duke University.