Paul Kranhold leads SVC’s operations on the west coast of the U.S and Asia with management oversight of the San Francisco, Los Angeles and Hong Kong offices. He advises clients on communications and investor relations programs across a wide range of industries. Since founding the San Francisco office in 2005, Paul has worked on a number of high profile hostile and friendly M&A transactions, litigation matters, management changes, government investigations, bankruptcies, proxy contests and activist shareholder situations.
Recent engagement highlights include:
- 21st Century Fox’s asset sale to Disney
- Sprint’s merger with T-Mobile
- Qualcomm’s defense against Broadcom’s unsolicited takeover proposal
- SoftBank’s investment in Uber
- Didi’s acquisition of UberChina
- Alibaba’s IPO and M&A transactions in China and the US
A former client of the firm, Paul previously led the corporate PR team for AT&T where he managed media relations and financial communications for one of the world’s largest telecommunications concerns. Earlier in his career, he served as press secretary to California Governor Pete Wilson and worked in the Administration of President George H.W. Bush.
Paul completed his undergraduate work at George Washington University with a B.A. in International and Russian Studies.