Mike DeGraff is a Principal in the Chicago office. He has advised clients on a wide array of special situations including contested and friendly M&A transactions, quarterly earnings announcements, proxy contests, activist investor defense, litigation support, bankruptcies, divestitures, management changes, and ongoing media and investor relations programs.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Lamb Weston on its spin-off from Conagra
- Winnebago on its acquisition of Grand Design
- Rite Aid on its pending sale to Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Superior Industries on its proxy contest against GAMCO Investors
- Springleaf Holdings on its acquisition of OneMain Financial from Citigroup
- BGC Partners’ on its hostile tender offer for GFI Group
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group on its sale to Fosun
- Albemarle Corporation on its acquisition of Rockwood Holdings
- Hillshire Brands on its announced plans to acquire Pinnacle Foods and subsequent sale to Tyson Foods
Prior to joining SVC, he worked at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs where he assisted in facilitating discourse between influential Chicago figures and prominent political and corporate leaders from around the globe.
Mike graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor with a B.A. degree in History and Political Science.