Megan Bouchier is a Managing Director in the San Francisco office. Since joining the firm, she has worked on a variety of special situations, including complex litigation and crisis situations, mergers and acquisitions, activist shareholder situations and senior management changes. She also works with several clients on ongoing corporate positioning and investor relations projects. Her experience spans a range of industries including technology, healthcare, consumer products, venture capital and private equity.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Corporate positioning and transaction support for SoftBank and the SoftBank Vision Fund
- Media relations for Didi Chuxing, Grab (formerly GrabTaxi) and Ola Cabs, including Didi’s acquisition of Uber China
- Positioning and transaction support for Permira and Breyer Capital
- Communications initiatives for Shiseido, NARS Cosmetics and Bare Escentuals
- Various confidential litigation and crisis matters
- Communications support for high-profile individuals, including regarding philanthropic efforts
Prior to joining SVC, Megan was an Associate at Latham & Watkins LLP, where she represented a diverse set of clients in government inquiries and state and federal litigation. Her primary areas of representation included antitrust, white collar defense and IP. She also served on the firm’s Pro Bono Committee, helping to coordinate all pro bono activities for the San Francisco office. Prior to Latham, Megan interned in the Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague.
Megan graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a degree in History. She also holds a J.D. from the UCLA School of Law.