A founding member of the firm’s San Francisco office and the firm’s Digital Communications Group, and now based again in New York where he first joined the firm in 2000, Matt advises a number of public and private companies on the development, execution and management of ongoing corporate positioning and media relations programs, as well as transaction-based communications activities, litigation support and other special situations in a range of industries.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- HNA Group in its investments in Hilton, Ingram Micro and Old Mutual Asset Management, among others
- Anthony Chiasson in connection with his appellate matter before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Bridge Growth Partners in its acquisition of CRGT and subsequent merger with Salient
- The Special Committee of the Dell Board in the sale of the company to Michael Dell and Silver Lake
- Beats Electronics in its sale to Apple and prior transactions with HTC and The Carlyle Group
- THL Partners for overall firm positioning as well as in its buyout of Clear Channel Communications (now iHeart) and numerous other investments
- Illumina in its defense against Roche
Matt joined the firm after serving as a Senior Director of the Washington, DC-based public affairs firm Bivings Woodell. Prior to that, Matt was a Legislative Assistant to US House of Representatives Democratic Whip David E. Bonior. His background in communications also includes staff work on several national, state and local election campaigns extending back to 1987.
Matt earned an M.B.A. from the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business and a B.A. in Social Sciences from the University of Michigan’s Residential College.