Margaret Popper is a Managing Director based in New York. She works on several client teams on a variety of assignments including investor relations, media relations, ongoing corporate positioning, executive changes, and special situations. Her recent work includes clients in the banking, insurance, private equity, investment banking, asset management, utility and gaming sectors.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- GTECH SpA on its acquisition of IGT and ongoing support of its corporate positioning as the company listed on the NYSE as IGT
- Mitsubishi UFG on corporate positioning and media relations
- Trian Partners on the creation of an advocacy video to support the nomination of four directors to the Board of DuPont
- Perella Weinberg Partners on corporate positioning
- UIL Holdings Corporation on the creation of an employee video to announce its sale to Iberdrola
- Ocwen Financial Corp. on corporate positioning
Margaret joined SVC after a career in journalism that spanned two decades and included work for print, online, newswire and broadcast media outlets including CNBC, Bloomberg and BusinessWeek. She covered a broad range of industries including energy, biotech, retail, media and finance. Margaret began her career on Wall Street, working for Dean Witter Reynolds in mergers and acquisitions and in asset finance for Kidder, Peabody & Co.
Margaret has a B.A. in English from Yale University and an M.B.A. in Finance from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.