Jon Aarons is a Managing Director in the London office. He has over 30 years of strategic communications experience and an extensive network of relationships in the UK and across Europe. He joined SVC from FTI Consulting, where he had served in numerous senior roles over the past 17 years, including leading the development and growth of its business throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- International Paper on its approach to Smurfit Kappa, the FTSE-100 packaging company
- Belmond, the luxury hospitality group, on its strategic alternatives review
- Agrokor, the Croatian food and retail group, on communications surrounding its debt restructuring
- Quick Service Logistics on its KFC-related crisis communications response
- Abraaj, the Dubai-based private equity group, on crisis and restructuring communications
- Aegila Capital Management on the launch of its real estate investment advisory business
- AIG on multi-market communications following the US Government’s $85 billion bailout
- TNT Post Groep (TPG) on its entry into the newly liberalized UK mail market
- Andersen on crisis communications following the US firm’s Enron-related indictment
- Grant Thornton on crisis communications relating to the bankruptcy of Parmalat in Italy
- The Governments of Hungary, Poland and Ukraine on the restoration and maintenance of international investor confidence
- Numerous IPOs and capital-raisings, advising clients throughout EMEA on international listings
Jon also coordinated a strategic partnership with the World Economic Forum for five years and is a past President and Fellow of the UK’s Chartered Institute of Public Relations. He has a B.A. honours degree in politics from Exeter University and a diploma in public relations from London Metropolitan University.