Jim Barron is a Managing Director in the New York office. He has provided counsel in a variety of complex crisis and financial situations, including M&A transactions and contested situations, as well as advising on a number of long-term corporate positioning programs. Jim has counseled clients across a number of industries, including the telecommunications, media, finance, paper, technology, and gaming sectors.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Sherwin-Williams’ acquisition of Valspar
- Westlake’s attempt to acquire Axiall
- Takata’s airbag inflator recall situation
- MGM Resorts’ successful defense against Land & Buildings,
- SoftBank’s acquisition of Sprint
- Suntory’s acquisition of Beam
- Gaming and Leisure Properties’ acquisition of Pinnacle’s real estate assets
- The Dell Board in its sale of the Company to management
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group’s corporate positioning, including the acquisition of a 20% stake in Morgan Stanley
Prior to joining SVC in 1999, Jim was Director of Corporate Relations for British Telecom in North America where he was responsible for all of BT’s U.S. based corporate communications including public relations, advertising and relationship marketing.
Jim has a B.A. degree with honors from Liverpool University in England and a certificate in strategic marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.