Jacob Crows is a Principal in the Chicago office. He has advised a wide range of clients on mergers and acquisitions, proxy contests/shareholder activism, management changes, corporate positioning, crisis management, and ongoing media and investor relations programs.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Bass Pro Shops on its pending acquisition of Cabela’s
- Entercom on its pending merger with CBS Radio
- Conagra on the sale of its private brands business and spin-off of Lamb Weston
- tronc (formerly Tribune Publishing) on its unsolicited offer from Gannett Inc.
- CLARCOR on its sale to Parker Hannifin
- Kroger’s agreements to acquire Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Vitacost and Roundy’s
- Towers Watson on its merger with Willis Group Holdings
- Navistar on issues related to, and a settlement with, activist investors
- The Timken Company on its proxy contest against Relational Investors and CalSTRS
Prior to joining SVC, Jacob worked as a Summer Associate at The Abernathy MacGregor Group in New York.
Jacob graduated cum laude from the University of Miami with a B.S. in Communication concentrating on Public Relations and Psychology.