Gloria Labbad is a Principal in the New York office and the firm’s Corporate Counsel. She assists clients with communications strategies in special situations, with a focus on litigation support, crisis communications and other sensitive legal and reputational matters.
Representation highlights include:
- Providing on-the-ground media support and liaising with reporters at various high-profile hearings and trials
- Employee claims based on Title VII, the ADA and ADEA
- Fitbit on patent, trade secret, product liability and shareholder litigation
- Nikon on patent litigation with ASML
- Communications support for high-profile individuals, involving matters ranging from high profile divorces to philanthropic efforts
Prior to joining the firm, Gloria practiced in the litigation departments of global law firms Dentons LLP and McGuireWoods LLP. Gloria has advised a broad range of clients on all aspects of state and federal litigation. Her areas of representation include financial services, labor and employment disputes, consumer class action defense and patent infringement.
Gloria also served as a judicial clerk to two federal judges, the Honorable Richard A. Jones and the Honorable John E. Steele. As a law clerk, Gloria assisted with the drafting of legal opinions related to all matters on the civil docket.
Gloria holds a J.D. from the UCLA School of Law and a B.A. from the University of California Berkeley.