George Sard is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of SVC.
Before co-founding the firm in 1992, George was Chairman of the New York office of Ogilvy Adams & Rinehart, a corporate/financial public relations firm.
For over 30 years, he has represented Fortune 500 companies and private firms in many industries on long-term investor and media positioning programs and in high-profile crises and special situations. These include mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, restructurings, earnings issues, high-level executive changes, and sensitive legal and regulatory matters.
Recent representation highlights include:
- Qualcomm on pending acquisition of NXP Semiconductors
- Board of Wells Fargo on independent investigation of retail sales practices
- Samsung on acquisition of Harman
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts on contested acquisition by Marriott
- Special Committee of the Dell Board on contested take-private transaction
George attended Swarthmore College and graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. degree in English from Clark University.