Frances Jeter is a Managing Director and head of the Houston office. She advises clients on investor and financial communications, mergers and acquisitions, crisis response and communications, reputation management, litigation support, and strategic positioning, bringing expertise in strategic and financial communications, consulting, public affairs and marketing from more than 25 years of experience with Fortune 500 Companies, a law firm, policy institutes and government agencies.
Current and recent representation highlights include:
- Stewart Information Services on its acquisition by Fidelity National Financial
- A leading Canadian E & P company on investor relations and corporate positioning
- ARM Energy/Kingfisher Midstream on corporate positioning and $1.55 billion asset sale
- SandRidge Energy on its defense against an activist investor
- Calpine on its sale to a private equity firm
- Sempra Energy on its acquisition of Oncor
- Marathon Petroleum on investor relations and internal communications on its strategic review process
- D. R. Horton on its acquisition of Forestar
- Crisis communications, reputation management and media support for a privately-held specialty tax services company
- Litigation support and reputation management for a public waste disposal and recycling company
Prior to joining SVC, Frances was Group Vice President of Internal and External Affairs for Spectra Energy, a pipeline and midstream company, with responsibility for financial and investor communications, internal and external communications, crisis communications, executive positioning and communications, media, stakeholder outreach related to infrastructure project development, sustainability, brand and graphics and communications services.
Frances previously served as Vice President of Public Affairs for Duke Energy Gas Transmission, a predecessor company of Spectra Energy. She also was Chief Marketing Officer for Bracewell and held marketing positions at ExxonMobil, Westinghouse and the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County. Frances additionally served as Associate Director, Programs and Advancement, for the James A. Baker Institute of Public Policy at Rice University.
Frances earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.