Ellen Davis is a Managing Director in the New York office. She advises corporate clients on a range of issues including litigation and regulatory matters, government, independent and internal investigations, crisis communication, media relations and management changes. Ellen also advises clients on reputation management.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- A public company in connection with insider trading charges against its board chair
- An international bank under investigation for money laundering
- A public company being investigated for potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- An international pharmaceutical company in connection with litigation matters
- Armstrong World Industries and Dollar Tree in connection with anti-trust litigation
- A board of directors in connection with sexual harassment allegations against the company’s CEO; and a CEO accused of sexual harassment by former employees
- USIS, a government contractor sued under the False Claims Act and victimized by a cyber-attack
- A major arts organization in connection with reputational issues
- A university involved in litigation with a former dean
- GNC in connection with an investigation by the New York State Attorney General and subsequent settlement
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen in 2013, Ellen served as Counsel and Chief Public Information Officer for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York. She was the spokesperson for U.S. Attorney, Preet Bharara, and the 230 attorneys who represent the federal government and its agencies in criminal and civil litigation in the Southern District.
Previously, Ellen was an award-winning, Supervising Producer at ABC News in the Law & Justice Unit where she worked for nearly a decade. In that capacity, she planned and oversaw the coverage of domestic and international legal stories for the Network.
Ellen also worked as an attorney at the law firm, Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer and Feld in Washington, D.C., and as an attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice/Office of Legislative Affairs and in the White House Counsel’s Office. Ellen holds a law degree from Georgetown University Law Center and a Bachelor of Science degree in communications from Boston University where she graduated summa cum laude.