Denise DesChenes is a Managing Director. She advises on long-term corporate positioning, issues management and investor relations programs for clients such as Delta Air Lines, Golden Gate Capital, Pabst Brewing Company, Perella Weinberg Partners, Warburg Pincus and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Drawing on her crisis communications background, Denise also provides communications counsel to a broad range of clients in a variety of situations, including crises, M&A, shareholder activism, regulatory investigations and restructurings.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include advising:
- Wyndham Worldwide on the spin-off of its hotel business
- Eddie Bauer on its data security incident
- United Airlines, Ally Financial and FBR & Co. on shareholder activism
- Virgin America on its sale to Alaska Air Group
- Pacific Sunwear and Aspect Software on their chapter 11 filings
- Red Lobster on the Thai seafood industry’s labor practices
- Continental Airlines on its merger with United Airlines
- Lehman Brothers Holdings on its chapter 11 case
Prior to joining the firm in 2000, Denise was a Senior Managing Director at Hill & Knowlton and Director of Crisis Communications, New York. Before H&K, she was Vice President in the crisis communications and public affairs practice at Clarke & Company. Previously, Denise worked on Capitol Hill as a Legislative Assistant, and began her career as Legislative Aide to the Maine State Senate Majority Leader.
Denise graduated cum laude with an A.B. degree in Government and Legal Studies from Bowdoin College, where she was named a James Bowdoin Scholar.