Debbie Miller is a Managing Director and head of the firm’s Chicago office. Since joining SVC in 1995, she has advised a wide range of clients on strategic communications related to mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism and proxy contests, management changes, restructurings, and other special situations, as well as ongoing investor relations and corporate positioning programs.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Bass Pro Shops on its pending acquisition of Cabela’s
- The WhiteWave Foods Company on its acquisition by Danone
- Winnebago on its acquisition of Grand Design
- Orbitz on its acquisition by Expedia
- Dollar Tree on its acquisition of Family Dollar Stores
- Ongoing positioning and reputation management work for a U.S. bank holding company
- Advising clients in a broad range of industries on activism defense situations
Debbie joined SVC from Morgan Stanley, where she was in the Debt Capital Markets division as a member of the Financing Services Group. Prior to that, she was a Legal Assistant in Shearman & Sterling’s Corporate Finance Department.
Debbie graduated cum laude with a B.A. degree in Art History from Princeton University.