David Reno is a Managing Director based in New York. Since joining the firm in 1992, he has advised clients on a range of financial communications programs related to complex transactions, restructurings, proxy fights, shareholder activism and governance, as well as on long-term media positioning and investor relations efforts. Before joining SVC, he was a member of the special situations and mergers and acquisitions group at Ogilvy Adams & Rinehart. Prior to that, he served as a researcher and writer with the 1988 Bush Presidential Campaign.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Becton Dickinson on its acquisition of CareFusion
- Former Best Buy Chairman Richard Schulze on his effort to acquire the company
- Dollar Thrifty on its sale to Hertz
- International Paper on its acquisition of Temple-Inland
- Advising clients in the insurance, biotech, energy, industrial, technology, retail and mining sectors in dealings with activist investors
David holds a B.A. degree in history from Princeton University.