David Millar is a Principal in the New York office. David provides his clients with communications strategies and support related to activist campaigns, corporate activist defense, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, operational and financial restructurings, regulatory issues, and white collar defense matters.
Recent notable assignments include:
- Corsair Capital’s acquisition of Jackson Hewitt
- ILG’s sale to Marriot Vacations Worldwide
- Avis Budget Group’s proxy fight and subsequent settlement with SRS Investment Management
- Oaktree Capital’s acquisition of Fifth Street Asset Management
- Delphi Automotive’s spin-off of its drivetrain business and the creation of Aptiv
- The Hartford’s sale of Talcott Resolution
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life’s sale to CF Corp
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen & Co. in 2013, David spent five years in the New York office of Finsbury, where he provided strategic communications and media relations advice to clients across a range of industries, with a particular focus on financial services. His clients included a number of global hedge funds, funds of hedge funds and private equity firms.
David received a BA in Philosophy from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut and studied political philosophy and labor relations at the University of Cape Town in Cape Town, South Africa. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Changing Leads Foundation.