Charlie joined the London office of SVC in 2018 and brings 17 years’ experience working in the City. Charlie started his career in Investment Banking, working as a sell-side equity analyst for five years covering European Equities for JPMorgan Cazenove in the TMT sector, focusing on telecoms. He moved into Financial PR shortly before the financial crisis, joining Finsbury where he was a Partner, working for seven years providing strategic and financial advice to a broad range of organisations. Latterly, he served as Senior Partner and Head of the Financial PR practice at Newgate Communications.
He has extensive cross-border M&A experience, working on high profile transactions, advising clients on debt restructurings, capital raisings, senior management change, international arbitration as well as managing financial calendar work, handling crisis situations, employee litigation and acting as a pension trustee adviser. He is a sector generalist, although has particular experience in the TMT and Natural Resources sectors.
Transaction work includes advising:
- Verizon on the acquisition of Vodafone’s stake in Verizon Wireless
- Pace on its sale to ARRIS
- Sompo on its acquisition of Endurance Specialty Holdings
- Carlsberg on its joint bid with Heineken to acquire Scottish & Newcastle
- CGI on its acquisition of Logica
- Borse Dubai on its proposed takeover of OMX
- London Metal Exchange on its sale via auction process to HKEX
- African Barrick Gold on its listing on the LSE
- TDC on its IPO for a private equity consortium
- Coca-Cola Hellenic on listing on the LSE and joining the FTSE 100
- Cable & Wireless on its demerger
Charlie was educated at Bristol University, where he studied Modern Languages and is a French and Spanish speaker.