Paul Kranhold leads Sard Verbinnen’s west coast operations, managing our offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, CA. He advises clients on communications and investor relations programs across a wide range of industries. Since founding the San Francisco office in 2005, Paul has worked on a number of high profile hostile and friendly M&A transactions, litigation matters, management changes, government investigations, bankruptcies, proxy contests and activist shareholder situations.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Samsung’ largest ever acquisition of Harman
- Didi’s acquisition of UberChina
- SnapChat with corporate positioning
- Tesla’s merger with SolarCity
- SoftBank acquisition of ARM Holdings and sale of Supercell to Tencent
- Alibaba IPO and M&A transactions in China and the US
A former client of the firm, Paul previously led the corporate PR team for AT&T where he managed media relations and financial communications for one of the world’s largest telecommunications concerns. Earlier in his career, he served as press secretary to California Governor Pete Wilson and worked in the Administration of President George H.W. Bush.
Paul completed his undergraduate work at George Washington University with a B.A. in International and Russian Studies.