Patrick Scanlan is a Principal in the New York office. He provides communications strategies and support for mergers and acquisitions, activism defense, proxy contests, divestitures, operational and financial restructurings, regulatory investigations, litigation, and other special situations.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Perrigo on its unsolicited acquisition proposal from Mylan
- Aetna on its acquisition of Humana
- Staples on its announced acquisition of Office Depot and shareholder agitation by Starboard Value
- Providence Equity and its portfolio company USIS on its cyber-security attack and Department of Justice suit
- Talisman on its acquisition by Repsol
- BD on its acquisition of CareFusion
- Two separate Fortune 500 companies on management successions
Prior to joining the firm, Patrick worked at Berkery, Noyes & Co., a boutique investment bank in New York that provides M&A advisory services to middle-market companies in the information, media, marketing, and technology industries.
Patrick graduated cum laude from Fairfield University with B.A. degrees in English and Politics.