Nikki Ritchie is a Vice President in the New York office. Since joining the firm, Nikki has worked on a number of special situations including activist investor defense, mergers, acquisitions, communications audits, management changes and crisis situations. She also has experience in corporate positioning, corporate social responsibility, and media and investor relations initiatives.
Recent assignments include:
- Molson Coors when it acquired full ownership of the MillersCoors joint venture;
- The Fresh Market in its sale to Apollo Global Management;
- Wasserstein & Co in its acquisition of Moss Inc.;
- Morgans Hotel Group in its acquisition by SBE;
- Bayer AG in its acquisition of Monsanto Company;
- Tribune Publishing following an unsolicited proposal from Gannett Co.;
- Celator Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition by Jazz Pharmaceuticals;
- TICC Capital Corp. in its defense against TPG Specialty Lending;
- Alumina Limited during litigation against Alcoa Corp.; and
- AMSURG in its merger with Envision Healthcare.
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, Nikki worked for Russell and Associates, a communications consultancy firm based in Johannesburg, South Africa. In her time there she advised a number of clients – including Anglo American, Anglo American Platinum, AngloGold Ashanti, Kumba Iron Ore, Lonmin Plc and Harmony Gold – on crisis communication, investor relations, integrated reporting, sustainability reporting, media relations and employee communication.
Nikki holds a B.A. in English and Legal Theory from Rhodes University, South Africa, a M.Res in Creative and Professional Writing from Roehampton University, England, and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrated Reporting from University of Pretoria, South Africa.