Matt Reid is a Managing Director and co-head of the Los Angeles office. He brings three decades of experience in communications, public affairs, corporate responsibility and crisis management to the firm.
Current and recent engagements include:
- Providing activist defense counsel to one of the world’s leading cloud services providers
- Providing ongoing communications and issues management counsel to one of the world’s largest biotech companies
- Providing communications counsel to a publicly traded cloud software provider during a “take private” acquisition of the company
- Providing crisis management counsel to a leading public university and a major daily fantasy sports company
- Providing counsel to a number of leading technology and telecommunications companies on patent issues and litigation
- Developing a data breach plan for a leading global software company
- Providing activist defense counsel to a number of global technology and content delivery companies
- Providing communications counsel on CEO/senior management changes to the boards and management teams of several Fortune 500 companies
Prior to joining SVC, Matt served as the Senior Vice President of External Relations for BSA | The Software Alliance – the software industry’s trade association in Washington – where he was responsible for global advocacy efforts on issues involving intellectual property, privacy, cybersecurity and cloud computing. Previously, Matt spent six years as Executive Vice President of Waggener Edstrom, a leading independent communications agency, where he founded and led the agency’s global public affairs practice. He later led the agency’s Corporate Practice and also founded Waggener Edstrom’s corporate responsibility practice.
For 15 years prior to joining Waggener, Matt worked at several agencies on the west coast including Fleishman-Hillard in its corporate practice and the GCI Group, among others. Previously, he played senior roles on numerous high profile political campaigns in California including the LA mayor’s race and Kathleen Brown’s gubernatorial bid.
Matt serves as co-chair of the board of directors of Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles, the leading Alzheimer’s advocacy and care group in Southern California. He is a graduate of the University of Nevada, Reno with a degree in English Literature.