Kelly Kimberly is a Principal in the Houston office. She advises clients on reputation management, long-term corporate positioning, M & A, investor communication, media relations, corporate social responsibility, litigation support and crisis and issues management.
Recent experience includes:
- Communications support related to acquisition of Stewart Information Services by Fidelity National Financial
- Investor relations support for D.R. Horton, including its acquisition of Forestar
- Corporate positioning and $1.55 billion asset sale announcement for ARM Energy/Kingfisher Midstream
- Sempra Energy’s announcement of its acquisition of Oncor
- Activist defense for SandRidge Energy
- Activist defense and corporate positioning for leading technology company
- Communications support for energy company announcement of leadership and board changes
- Strategic review communications positioning and messaging for consumer products company
- Corporate positioning and investor communication for Canadian E & P company
- Various confidential crisis matters
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, Kelly was Principal of Kimberly Public Affairs for 15 years. The boutique agency provided strategic public relations planning, media relations, crisis and issues management and corporate social responsibility consulting services to a diverse set of clients ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to startups to high profile individuals. Industry expertise included energy, water, transportation, chemicals, technology and food.
Kelly previously served in several leadership positions at Enron, including Senior Vice President of Public Relations and Marketing Communication for Enron International; Senior Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility, Diversity and Community Relations for Enron Corp.; and Senior Vice President of Marketing, Public Relations and Competitive Intelligence for Enron Broadband Services.
Kelly holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the University of Nebraska-Kearney and a Master of Arts Degree in Communication from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.