Katie James is a Vice President in the New York office. Since joining the firm, Katie has worked with numerous public and private entities to develop, execute and manage long-term corporate positioning and media relations/investor relations programs. She also provides strategic communications counsel to clients in connection with a variety of financial transactions and special situations, including mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, crises, initial public offerings, activist investor defense, and senior management changes.
Recent engagements and notable assignments include:
- Univision Communications Inc. on corporate initiatives and announcements
- Oaktree Capital Management on ongoing corporate positioning and investor relations work
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts on its contested acquisition by Marriott International
- The WhiteWave Foods Company on its sale to Danone
- Revlon on its acquisition of Elizabeth Arden
- MetLife on significant regulatory matters and transactions
- Chemtura Corporation on its sale to LANXESS AG
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, Katie worked at Tyco Flow Control, a division of global industrial manufacturing company Tyco International with 15,000 employees, as a part of the Communications and Human Resources team. Katie assisted with the development and rollout of various communications initiatives, including the Company’s reorganization, proposed spin-off and IPO, and its merger and integration with Pentair. She also supported the development of communications objectives and strategies for domestic and global employees and served as the editor of the employee intranet.
Katie graduated magna cum laude from Colgate University with a B.A. in Sociology/Anthropology.