Emily Claffey is a Principal in the New York office. Since joining the firm, Emily has provided strategic communications support on a variety of transactions and special situations, including M&A, restructurings, proxy contests, litigation, executive leadership transitions, investor relations and long-term corporate positioning.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- SoftBank and the SoftBank Vision Fund on corporate positioning and transaction support
- Becton Dickinson on its pending acquisition of C.R. Bard and acquisition of CareFusion
- Stanley Black & Decker on its acquisition of the Craftsman brand from Sears
- Rockwell Collins on its acquisition of B/E Aerospace
- United Airlines on the settlement of a threatened proxy contest
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts on its contested acquisition by Marriott
- MGM Resorts on its defense against Land & Buildings
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, Emily interned at Cleo Communications in Baltimore, Maryland. Emily graduated from the University of Maryland with a B.A. in Communication Studies.