Benjamin Spicehandler is a Vice President in the New York office. Since joining the firm, Benjamin has provided strategic communications support on a variety of transactions and special situations, including mergers and acquisitions, proxy contests/shareholder activism, crisis management, and ongoing media and investor relations programs.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- SoftBank on its acquisition of ARM Holdings, its sale of its stake in Supercell to Tencent, and its contested acquisition of Sprint and Clearwire
- Atairos on its investment in Groupon, Orogen Group, Learfield Communications and TriNet Group
- Westlake Chemical on its unsolicited acquisition proposal for Axiall Corporation and related proxy contest
- XL Group on its acquisition of Catlin Group Limited
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals on its sale to Merck
- Ongoing corporate positioning, media and investor relations work with Vector Group Ltd
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, Benjamin interned as an investment banking analyst at JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. in New York, where he served on the Real Estate team.
Benjamin graduated magna cum laude from Colgate University with a B.A. in Sociology and Anthropology.