Jonathan Gasthalter is a Managing Director based in New York. For nearly 15 years, Jonathan has developed and implemented communications strategies for private investment firms and public companies. In particular, Jonathan has significant expertise advising leading hedge funds, private equity, real estate and asset management firms, banks and financial services companies.
Additionally, he provides strategic communications counsel to companies in a variety of special situations, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, proxy contests, IPOs, and complex litigation and regulatory matters.
Recent engagement and representation highlights include:
- Media relations and long-term positioning programs for major international hedge funds, private equity, real estate and other asset management firms
- Hedge funds, mutual funds and other investment advisors in connection with Department of Justice, Securities Exchange Commission and Commodities Futures Trading Commission investigations
- The Gavilon Group on its acquisition by Marubeni Corporation
- Southern Union on its acquisition by Energy Transfer Equity amidst a competing bid
- The Children’s Investment Fund in its proxy contest against CSX
Jonathan serves as an advisor to the Managed Funds Association and is a frequent speaker on alternative industry matters.
Previously, Jonathan worked as a press aide in the Executive Offices of the New York State Attorney General. He holds a B.A. degree in political science from Union College.