Andrew Cole is a Managing Director based in New York. He joined the firm in 1998. Andrew advises clients on long-term media and investor relations programs as well as special situations, including IPOs, litigation, mergers & acquisitions, proxy contests, and senior management changes. He has also worked on numerous public advocacy programs, including supporting a major U.S. media company’s anti-piracy campaign.
Andrew’s communications experience spans a wide variety of industries including agriculture, biotechnology, healthcare, media, private equity, retail, telecommunications, technology, and venture capital.
Recent and ongoing engagements include:
- Aeroflex’s sale to Cobham plc
- ZeniMax Media’s litigation against Oculus VR
- Healthways defense against proxy challenge by North Tide Capital
- GlaxoSmithKline’s acquisition of Human Genome Sciences
- Pulse Electronics’ defense against a hostile takeover attempt and related proxy contest attempt by Bel Fuse
From 2006 to 2009, Andrew worked in the firm’s San Francisco office. Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, he served as a Senior Associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group at Gavin Anderson & Company. Andrew earned a B.A. in English from Connecticut College in 1997. Andrew is a member of the Junior Board of the Family Services of Westchester.